possibly still don’t!
My, my, my am I honored to have been selected by the lovely Five Years for a Liebster Award! Because I’ve been so out of the blogosphere for the week, this was the perfect time to reacquaint me with writing!
I’m super excited to share a bunch of info that I never intended on sharing with any of you! Hope you enjoy!
1. What is the worst date you have ever been on?
I’ve been fortunate and have to admit that not too many have been bad. Instead, I can tell you about the worst date I never got to go on- because he didn’t show up! We planned to meet at Stout in Manhattan for a drink before I went to a concert with friends (this is a great move by the way- plan a first date within time constraints. When you have to go, you have to go. If it’s wonderful you will meet again another time. If it’s terrible, run, you’re home free!) I’m at this place waiting, look at my watching, waiting look at my watch. It got to the point that a group of guys came up to me to ask if I was ok. I finally get a call from my non date and he says he got caught up at work and stopped real quick for happy hour with coworkers- Is this real life? Believe it or not, we never reconnected after that. I did however get a phone number from one of the nice concerned gentlemen at Stout.
2. What is something you lied to your parents about?
I’m not a liar- and when I do lie, I might as well just tell the truth because I’m going to get caught. After my first kiss I called my mom into the living room to have a confessional session.
3. Are you married? If yes what is your advice to a single gal? If no what is your favorite part of being single?
I’m not married, I’m just living in sin with my boyfriend of three years. Here’s a story and take it how you will- The other day John told me something he loves about me is that I have my own life. I have friends and hobbies and I love my girl nights. Something I love about him is that he has his own life too.
4. What is the first thing you do when you get sad?
First, I wallow in my own misery for a few minutes. Then I hate that I’m wallowing so I usually blast music and try to dance it off. When that doesn’t work, there’s always chocolate.
5. Why did you start blogging?
Last May I had a flare with Lupus and I was at a terrible place in my life. I decided to make changes in my activity levels, food choices, and decided to regain my life. After taking to the boardwalk one day at six in the morning I was amazed to complete my first two mile run by myself. I sat on the boardwalk as the sun was coming up and I could hear my heart racing. I began to cry, completely overcome with emotions. How the hell did I just run? was probably the exact thought I was having. I felt so inspired by the changes I was making that I felt this need to write- 52 miles per month, the amount I intended on running, was born!
6. Best advice to a new blogger?
Write for yourself. This is my therapy. If you are caught up in what others think if your writing you will miss the whole point.
7. What is your biggest dream in life???
It’s not a dream as much as it’s what I want out of life- maintain balance. Find the joy in the simplicity of living while still continuously taking myself out of my comfort zone. When I was younger I allowed myself to become jaded when I had no right to be jaded about anything- I had no life experience yet I was far too blasé about my new experiences. That’s no way to live. Stop and feel the sand between your toes. One of my favorite memories of last summer was after a solid run- I walked onto the beach alone, switched my music over the Jack Johnson, and watched the waves crashing.
8. Do you believe in fate?
No. But I do believe that if it doesn’t feel right it’s because you haven’t gotten to where you are supposed to be. I believe that events in our life lead us on a journey to our destiny- I just don’t believe this journey is predestined. Unless it’s like one of those Goosebumps books that gave you choices… Don’t make the wrong choice!
9. How old were you when you got your first kiss?? and please share the story…
You will have to ask my mom about that story- I told you. It was a confessional.
10. What is your favorite feature on who ever you may be physically attracted to???
I’m going to go with the weirdest possible answer and say calves- firstly, I love calves. Not to be confused with the baby cow kind, just to clarify. They symbolize strength. You got those things because you haul ass and work hard. I love that John’s calves have gotten massive since he started running with me, it reminds me that he’s my partner in
11. What is one question you want to ask a famous person and who are you asking??
I would love to go to a conference of strong women- no one famous person in particular. I don’t even have a question in particular. I’m going to get greedy with this question and state that I want a full on discussion about empowerment of women. Then we can all be besties. All blog friends are invited to this imaginary conference. RSVP ASAP.
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a great way to connect with new bloggers, and to welcome them to the blogosphere.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Questions for my bloggy friends:
1. What inspires you on a day to day basis?!
2. Why do you write?
3. How do you feel about excise… Honestly?!
4. If you could wake up anywhere in the world where would you wake up and why?
5. You have a choice- you can ride a bike or walk. The distance isn’t far. What so you choose?
6. What’s your go to beverage of choice?
7. Describe a challenging obstacle you have faced and how you dealt with it.
8. Describe a childhood memory that you believe shaped you.
9. When you were a kid what did you imagine for your life by this point? For example… I was convinced I was supposed to be married two years ago with a child on the way. I was also going to be either a veterinarian or an actress- obviously.
10. What brings you the greatest joy in life?
11. How do you like to spend your Sunday?!
Here are some wonderful blogs that I’m recommending and awarding:
Don’t Blink Just Run
Irish Runner Chick
So What, I Run
I Didn’t Have my Glasses On
Chocolate Covered Race Medals
Forty is the New Thirty
Strong Like my Coffee
Tone it With Tori
True story: I broke a few Liebster Award rules. I may have included people with over 200 followers. And I may not have counted how many blogs I’ve given shout outs to. And I may have only linked their blogs and not directly posted on their page. But I’ll get around to that. This is how I live life on the edge, I break rules.