Marrying your best friend! Happy one year pre-anniversary to my main squeeze!
I fell out of everything. If it required balance, I toppled over, ankles weak, knees exhausted. I caught my eyes in the front mirror of class full of discouragement and frustration. I mentally began a list of excuses-
- I rode my bike a lot over the past two days
- It could have been too much time in the sun
- Taco Tuesday probably didn’t help
I decided then and there to set one goal for myself because the excuses I was giving myself were not helping my cause.
Goal of the day: no matter how bad you want to sit one out, don’t. Finish every posture. Up to this point, I have been unable to get through a 90 minute class without sitting down at some moment. I vascillate between sitting during the most challenging postures, such as triangle, to the ones I deem “easy.” It was nice to give myself a challenge because once I did I was able to regain my focus.
- I kind of did the locust pose for the first time. I can’t explain how difficult it is for my body to lift my legs like that. My entire body was shaking, but I got those legs up!
- In fixed firm pose my butt is finally touching the ground, but I’m still unable to lay my back onto the ground. I feel pressure in my knees, which I know is alright to feel, but I’m not ready to push it.
- My camel pose is getting Kuching stronger. In the first week I refused to drop my head back. It was terrifying, my heart raced, I actually experienced discomfort over the idea of camel pose. Now, I love it!
- In head to knee pose I actually was able to lay my leg down entirely on both sides! Progress.
And what’s insanity about this practice- today I might not be able to do anything I did yesterday. Today, my balance
might will be impeccable. So I guess I will continue to set goals with intention.
Goals for the future: attempt toe stand with more diligence.
After class I felt deserving of ice cream so we took a bike ride to a well known ice cream place in the area, Marvel, for a treat. Yes, I said MARVEL, not Carvel. Because obviously, I earned it!
I ended the night in the best way possible –
And now off to day 17!