- Waking up before 6:00 a.m.
- 6:01 a.m. with the smell of coffee brewing and I’m unstoppable.
- Saying “no” to:
- Food of any kind. Don’t put it near me, I will devour it all. Sayonara honey mustard and onion pretzels. Hello stinky breath.
- Work, in any capacity.
- Friends. I just love their faces so much that I tend to forget about the fact that occasionally the energy is lacking and grandma needs some sleep.
- Saying “yes” to
- Me time- Getting my nails done, treating myself in any capacity. I have fallen off the damn rails in 2017.
- My mom- Hi! I love you- I’m still here. Keep checking my blog for updates. Kidding- we talk every day, but seeing your mom is always something special. Time should always be made for family.
- Putting my sneakers on.
- Unrelated to the fact that I choose bunny ears as my main source of lace tying.
And it’s not that I’m worse than most- The challenge I associate with making multiple trips to the car, the whimsical voice that sings in my ear and says, “you’re being good…it’s froyo- add the brownies and the snickers. ADD THEM!” These are the feels that internet memes find their base in.
This is why I understand the struggle for many when it comes to making the best choices for ourselves. Because I’m no better at making them for myself- despite having a blog in which I advocate for being a better version of myself. Because on some days I am, but on some days I’m not, and on many days I’m just trying to put my sneakers on. Or
I’m pretending like I can’t find them. Even though they are clearly on a shoe rack in my closest.
We are all the same. Hoomans!
And finally, it’s not that I’m only bad at 4 things. I’m just bad at making a list that exceeds 4 points. The type-A person in me is suffering over the fact that I couldn’t muster a fifth point. But here’s where I’m at my fellow humans- let’s cut ourselves a break. Let’s pat ourselves on our back for our efforts. Let’s get better at saying “no” when it’s right, and stronger at saying “yes” when it’s essential. Yes?
Peace and Love xx